New on ADAI's Learn About Marijuana website is a set of 5 short modules created to answer frequently asked questions about marijuana.
The modules are interactive, with links to added resources of interest to helping professionals, teachers, parents, and anyone interested in learning about marijuana. The 5 modules cover:
- Our Bodies & Marijuana: learn about the endocannabinoid system, the effects of THC and CBD on the human body, and the difference between plant-based and synthetic cannabinoids. (10 min.)
- Concentrates, Edibles, & Flowers: learn about the different products and methods of use, and how they differ in terms of potency and adverse effects. (15 min.)
- Marijuana Law in Washington State: what is the current law in our state, for both recreational and medical use of marijuana? (10 min.)
- Helping Someone Quit/Cut Back: especially for those in the helping professions (counselors, health care providers) and also for friends, parents, and family members. (25 min.)
- Other Questions: learn about workplace testing, cannabis hyperemesis syndrome, whether marijuana is a “gateway drug,” and more. (10 min.)
The educational series was developed by Beatriz Carlini, PhD, MPH; Sharon Garrett, MA, MPH; and Meg Brunner, MLIS, Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute, University of Washington with support from the Washington State Marijuana Dedicated Fund.